No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. 1st Corinthians 10:13

Oct 3, 2007

Baby News

Declan, Rhys and I went to Ottawa for yet another ultrasound yesterday.....I think this makes 4. I had a tubal reversal 4 years ago and since then they like to ensure that baby is where baby should be. I had a 2nd one because the dr. couldn't hear the heart beat....I think that was around 12 or 13 weeks, and wanted to check to make sure baby was still "viable". I had to wait 6 days for that one.....longest 6 days of my life. Amazing, too, the battle that went on in my head. #3 was at 19 weeks - the "normal" one, checking on size, taking measurements. They couldn't get a picture of the spine (nor could they see what the baby's sex was) so that resulted in ultrasound #4. It was a short wait at the clinic, thankfully, and the boys were very good; so good, in fact, that mom treated them to ice cream afterwards. I thought that the “baby on the tv” would hold their attention, but Declan was more concerned with the grapes he was eating and Rhys with the tech running “whas that” over mom’s belly. He wanted to get up on the "bed" with me, but had to settle for standing on the stool at my side. He kept hitting my belly saying “baby”. Too cute.

Got some great spine shots! Baby was on its back on my last visit and this time it appeared to be on its belly.....until it changed position and settled on its back again. At the end of the scan the tech told me that she couldn’t say “definitively”, but she thinks this one is a girl. We’ll have a boys name picked, just to be safe.

A little girl would be nice :0) Noah, third born and son #2 tells me I didn’t need a scan ‘cause he already knows it is a girl (he also said if it was another boy, he’d be leaving home but I think he’s kidding!). It’s been a long time since there was a baby girl in the Allison house; Carleigh will be 13 on November 11. She has wanted a baby sister for a few years, but has 2 little brothers instead. Then she told me she wasn't sure she wanted a sister. She didn't want anything to interfere with her relationship with Meagan. I explained to her that having a baby girl certainly would not interfere with that.....love doesn't take from, it adds to and besides, Meagan is coming up on 21 and will never live with this baby. Her relationship with this one will be completely different than what they share. It pleases me to know, thrills my heart, actually, that Carleigh so appreciates her relationship with her big sister enough to want to guard against anything that would hinder it. What more could a mother hope for? Meg has been "gone" for a few years; away throughout the school year, working away this past summer and now in Europe but all of the kids look to her for advice. So cool.


I remember before I was expecting my second child wondering how I could ever love another human being as much as I loved Meg.....then that time came and it wasn't even an issue. The love is there and has expanded to include this other little person. I've been abundantly blessed and have experienced that many times.....it truly is one of life's miracles.










3 comments:

Casey said...

i love coming on hear and reading what you have to say; you are like an role model to me. i love hearing what you have to say about everything. the things that you have gone through good and though. you are a strong woman and i admire that alot.

keep the blogs comming... i gotta do something while i am at school! :o)

xox
Casey

Unknown said...

thanks, Case :0)

grace said...

Deb,
You truly are an inspiration to mothers and motherhood in general. Thanks for stopping by and giving your input at my place. I hope things are improving with you sister.
love and grace,
pam