No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. 1st Corinthians 10:13

Feb 6, 2012

Grumpy mom and grace

This past weekend was one of celebration for us; Saturday was Ben and Buhle's engagement party as well as Tess' 4th birthday, which we all gathered to celebrate on Sunday.  I was happy to crawl into bed a bit early and awoke around 4 a.m., sweating. It could have been the hormones, but more likely it was because the little blonde one had crawled inbetween her dad and I and we were jammed.   I carried her back to her bed.....and after a couple more visits didn't see her again until morning.....which was later than usual for me 'cause of the interuption!  So I had a late start, did the breakfast thing and then  went directly into school stuff with the boys in the moning followed by office stuff in the afternoon. I spent most of my day in my pjs waiting for enough hot water to shower and had a good grump on by bed time. Mostly tired, but I was dragging around some stuff too.  I tried to pawn off tucking the kids in and realized it was 'cause I didn't want to pray with them.  Well it didn't work.
Oh snap.
I was a wee bit watery-eyed when I went in. I got down on my knees beside the bottom bunk and laid my head on Tess' tummy....Dec was quiet; he figured mom was mad at them. Rhys asked what was wrong and I told him I was just tired and grumpy. Tess rubbed my head and told me how much she loved me....and then Rhyser prayed; he prays in a whisper voice to "God, Jesus and Holy Spirit". I love listening to him; he told them each much he loved them.....and his mom. 
The love of a child....there is little else on this earth that comes closer to the unconditional love that God shows us.  They don't count the number of times I raised my voice today.  They didn't have to agonize over whether or not they were gonna forgive me, they just do.
When I grow up, I wanna be just like them.

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auntie Deb, I didn't realize you blogged so regularly on here - but I'm glad that I've found this...so encouraged, by this post in particular. Thank you for sharing. I miss you all so much. - Mars